Once you have decided to add an automatic gate to your driveway, the next step that comes to mind will be, how do you know what kind to install? What should it look like? What features do you want? These questions and more can be answered by experts with automatic gate operators installation service & repair in Orange county.
There are many different types of automated gates. Here are a few options:
- Automated slide gates move on wheels from one side of the driveway to the other, like the way automatic doors work at a store entrance. You must have ample room on each side of the driveway for this gate to work well. There are varying styles of slide gates, too. They include “v”-track, rear pipe track and cantilever.
- Swing gates open and close like a door operates and can open outward or inward. There are primarily two options for swing gates – single and double. Singles function like a door and double works like French doors.
- A barrier gate looks like what you see at toll booths or in a parking garage, with an arm that blocks vehicle passage. While not terribly attractive, barrier gates work well to control traffic.
- Vertical pivot gates function like barrier gates but are actual gates instead of just an arm. The gate rises and falls to allow vehicles to pass.
- Vertical lift gates are almost always used in commercial applications, primarily due to excessive cost. This gate raises and lowers to allow passage and offers tremendous security.
When you decide to add a gate operator to your property, let the team at Automated Gate Services help you select the best type for your needs. Call us at (888) 428-3711 to schedule an appointment to discuss our automatic gate operators installation service & repair in Orange county.